Paintless Dent Repair VS Body Shop Repairs
There are times when a body shop may be necessary -- especially for major damage where parts are bent way out of shape or torn from the body of the car. But for most normal average-speed dents and dings paintless dent repair, also known as PDR, is often a better and cheaper way to repair the damage.
PDR VS body shop repairs -- which is better? Look at these facts and decide for yourself.
|PDR VS TRADITIONAL BODY SHOP||DentDok PDR||BODY SHOP|
|MINOR DINGS||BEST||NOT COST EFFECTIVE|
|BIG DINGS||BEST||NOT COST EFFECTIVE|
|SMALL DENTS||BEST||NOT COST EFFECTIVE|
|MEDIUM SIZED DENTS||BEST||NOT COST EFFECTIVE|
|DENTS WHERE THE PAINT IS NOT DAMAGED||BEST||NOT COST EFFECTIVE|
|MULTIPLE SMALL TO MEDIUM DENTS||GOOD||NOT COST EFFECTIVE|
|LARGE DENTS||GOOD||NOT COST EFFECTIVE|
|MULTIPLE LARGE DENTS||GOOD||NOT COST EFFECTIVE|
|DAMAGE WHERE PAINT IS BADLY SCRATCHED||NOT IDEAL||MAY BE NECESSARY|
|DAMAGE WHERE PARTS ARE BROKEN OR MISSING||NOT IDEAL||MAY BE NECESSARY|
Why is PDR better than traditional body shop work?
Traditional body shops use methods that can be harmful to car bodies and paint. Traditional bodywork uses the following processes for most repairs:
- Drilling of holes into the car panels for pulling dents out.
- Sanding of paint so that body putty will adhere.
- Filling of dents with putty that will never match the original finish of the metal.
- Sanding of the putty to try and match the original finish and contours of the car.
- Spray-panting the car with paint that will hopefully match the original paint (almost impossible to match).
- Baking the car in an oven to dry and set the new paint.
- Polishing the finished surface.
We've all seen what the finished product of a typical body shop looks like. The paint does not usually match very well, the surface has an orange peel effect or does not look as good at the original metal, the contours do not match the original contours, The body below the putty is prone to rust. And for all of these "benefits", the body shop will typically charge 3 to 5 times the price of what DentDok will charge. Once you have a car repaired using the DentDok PDR process you'll never want to use a traditional body shop again.
Compare the above process to DentDok PDR:
- Dents are pushed out from behind or pulled from the front without damaging the original paint.
- The original paint is never removed or painted over (cannot mismatch the colors).
- Any metal that is too high after pushing or pulling a dent is tapped back into perfect alignment using specialized tools and techniques.
- Special tools and techniques are used to assure that the contours match the original contours virtually perfectly.
- The results are astounding, and the cost is a fraction of what body shops charge.
DentDok PDR repairs are clean and smooth and look as close to the original looks of the car as is humanly possible. In most cases, you may not even be able to tell that repair work was ever done on the car. In some cases, the car will only be able to be repaired to 90%-95% original quality. But even in those cases, the car will be better off because there is no putty or mismatched paint being used. Not to mention that DentDok repairs are typically much cheaper than body shop repairs.
Still thinking you may need a body shop. Read this page to learn more about body shops in Pampanga.
When you need dent repair in Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines, be sure to contact DentDok first. We know you'll be happy you did.